New Toronto is a neighbourhood and former municipality in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
It is located in the south-west area of Toronto, along Lake Ontario.
The Town of New Toronto was established in 1890, and was designed and planned as an industrial centre by a group of industrialists from Toronto who had visited Rochester, New York.
New Toronto was originally a part of the Township of Etobicoke.
It was an independent municipality from 1913 to 1967, being one of the former ‘Lakeshore Municipalities’ amalgamated into the Borough of Etobicoke, and eventually amalgamated into Toronto.
The neighbourhood has retained the name.