DoorDash is a food delivery service that allows customers to order food from local restaurants and have it delivered to their doorstep. DoorDash uses independent contractors to perform the deliveries, and these contractors must agree to the DoorDash Independent Contractor Agreement in order to work with the company.
The DoorDash Independent Contractor Agreement is a legally binding document that outlines the terms and conditions under which contractors will perform deliveries for DoorDash. Some key points of the agreement include:
- Contractor status: The agreement establishes that the contractor is an independent contractor, not an employee of DoorDash. As such, the contractor is responsible for their own taxes, insurance, and other business expenses.
- Delivery requirements: The agreement outlines the requirements for making deliveries, including delivery times, communication with customers, and following traffic laws.
- Payment: The agreement specifies the payment structure for deliveries, including base pay, tips, and any additional incentives or bonuses.
- Background checks: DoorDash may conduct background checks on contractors before allowing them to perform deliveries. Contractors must also maintain a good driving record and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Confidentiality: Contractors are required to keep all information related to DoorDash and its customers confidential.
- Termination: The agreement allows either party to terminate the relationship at any time for any reason.
Last Updated on 8 months by pinc